Thursday, February 19, 2009


Prayer, it's a POWERFUL thing. How many times do we get down on our hands and knees and pray to the One and Only?
I was at chapel the other day, and was really touched with what the Pastor said. While he was talking, I remembered this picture to the left, it is of a little girl who goes to my church. I took this at VBS where she was on her hands and knees praying for a very long time. She has a beautiful heart, this wonderful child of God.
The pastor asked us the question "How do you develop a steady heart? A heart that does not worry or be anxious, but a heart that trusts in the Lord and a heart that is steady in Him?" He gave us four words to help us...
1. EMBRACE the cross. (Galations 2:17-20)
2. EXCHANGE Our Load for His (Matthew 11:28-30)
3. CHOICE - to choose not to worry and to choose to pray and trust the Lord (Philippians 4:6-7)
4.CONFRONT the issue (Genesis 22:1-14)
What really stood out to me was when he said "Worry is a sign of Pride." It hit me, because I worry... a lot... it really got me to thinking, am I really that prideful? Can I not admit that I need to pray more and get on my hands and knees and trust the Lord with all my worries and my personal load!?
Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, in eerything by PRAYER AND SUPLLICATION, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which surpasses ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
The Lord is so good, so very good! Through ALL things, be like this little girl, get on your hands and knees daily, and pray to God and trust Him, embrace Him, exchange everything for Him, choose Him, and confront all your issues to Him.
Just my thoughts...
Jme

1 comment:

  1. I Love it jamie! I really enjoyed that chapel.

    ReplyDelete